I know how HARD it can be to find inspiration and motivation in an busy everyday life. I have had a lot of problems with being negative and not wanted to do anything about it. I have dragged myself down so many times now. I wanted to show you guys that it is possible to change your mood and attitude. Everyone can say that they are gone do it, but when the day comes you don`t. I have been very lucky with the people i am surrounded by, but it took a lot of my self determination to actually go through with it.
Top 10 list on how to get inspiration and motivation:
1. Write down your feelings, good and bad. It sounds like a little thing to do but it really works.
2. Have a day planner to keep organized and system in a busy life.
3. Do the things that makes you smile.
4. Drink good wine.
5. Be happy with your looks, look in the mirror and say to yourself that you are beautiful. If you are not happy with your looks I think it is because you haven`t learned enough about your self. What kind of style you are and what makes you glow.
6. Travel. Travel. TRAVEL. It doesn't`t have to be far. It will give you a little break from everything.
7. Use social media to get the inspiration and motivation you need. I use Pinterest a lot, I understand what I want when I look at picture there. Like want to take photography like that or I want an outfit like that.
8. Never give up. If you need a day to relax that is fine, but never quit.
9. Don`t only dream about the things you want to do, just do it.
10. Read books. There is a lot to learn from books. Also there is so many good stories out there. I just finished a book that made me cry at the end, happy tears. It was one of the best feelings I have had in a very long time. My goal this year is to read one book a month. So 12 books.
I can only give you my list of how i get inspiration, I can`t tell you what is wrong or right. I have found myself in the past year. I have learned to not care as much as I used to do. Don`t care what other people think or say about you. You are your own person and you can`t do more than that. I don`t mean that we shouldn't be nice to each other, just that we can't change one another.
My best tips to find new and good music (even though it`s not rocket science). I listen to a lot of music, so I hope that I can help some off you.
- Spotify is where I usually go to look for new music. You should go check out new music, click at people you usually wouldn't`t click on. Look at the top lists, look at your friends playlists (That is gold). Sometimes other people find music you never would even think off.
- Youtube is also a good place to find new music. When you have clicked at on song, a new song automatically will appear. It might be a song and a artist you never have heard before and maybe you will love it. Also sometimes when you hear a really good song and a music video you get a really good experience with the song. It feels like some sort of connection.
- Keep looking at the artist you like, suddenly a new song will appear. That actually happened to me today and I already love it. (Ed Sheeran - How would you feel)
Music that I love:
- Cruise - Kygo (Btw. He is Norwegina, check him out, he is awesome), Andrew Jackson
- Scared to be lonely - Martin Garrix, Dua Lip
- Solo Dance - Martin Jensen
- Helium - sia
- In the arms of a stranger - Mike Posner, Grey
I want to show you how I put outfits together. I sometimes like to make a mood board, with the mood that I am in. It can be different from day to day, week to week. Thats why it is so much fun making a lot of them. Then you have so much inspiration.
So lets start at the top: Hair and face.
I have short hair, so i try to find hairstyles that I like and I think I would look good in (This is not the time to think negatively about yourself, be you and find things that you really think you would look with!).
I think these to hairstyles are amazing, so simple but very cute. I love to have my hair behind my ear, at one of the sides.
Face: Makeup and Glasses (?)
I think makeup should not be to much, keep it simple, natural and let the rest of your outfit tell your story. Glasses can be very cool. I need reading glasses, so a pair of chic reading glasses can be very cool. If you don`t need glasses, you can of course get a pair of very nice sunglasses!
We move forward to the top or uppers. In this part I dress after what or where I`m going. An oversized (not to much) knitted sweater is perfect almost at any time, but especially for any everyday look. On the other side, I have a blouse. A blouse is perfect for going out or maybe at work. Both of them are very comfortable choices and very good choices.
A golden necklace is always a good idea for an outfit like this!
Okay, now for the bottoms or trouser (or whatever you choose to wear).
The pair of trousers and the skirt is the perfect choices because it fits everything and it fits every occasion. I have used both of them for everyday looks, for work or when I have been going out. It`s perfect!
The last thing: Shoes.
I have a few different choices here, because there are so many different shoes that can work for these kind of outfits.
These are my go to shoes, a pair Eytys (up, left picture). They are the perfect everyday pair of shoes. I have a pair and I love them. They are amazing good and shapes to your feet. A pair of loafers (up, right picture). These pair are also perfect pair for everyday looks, I would probably where these to a pair of trousers. I actually just bought a pair, not exactly like these though(I can show you later). A pair of black heels (down, left picture), not high heels though. It should be a pair of heels that you actually use. So choose smart and start we a pair that doesn't` have to high heels. Finally a pair of black(!) nikes (down, right picture), these is an important pair of shoes. They are so comfy to have on your feet and looks so god. So if you need a good pair of shoes at work, these are perfect for that. I like to just have pair of jeans with these kind of shoes.
I hope you got some inspiration from this! Let me know, or show me your outfits. I would like to see something different from mine.
Good Morning to all of you! I´m in a pretty good mood this morning, which is nice for a change. Today I have a lot to do or I always have a lot to do, but I love it. You feel like you are doing something good with your life when you don´t have time to sit down and think. Hehe
I wanted to show you some of my everyday inspiration, i am a very simple person. A lot of people think that their is not a whole lot you can do with clothes when you are a minimalist but that´s where you are wrong. I'm going to show you how!
This is Elin Kling and the owner of Toteme NYC and one of my biggest inspirations. I just love, Yeeeess Girl! Slay!
She is wearing a simple top to denim trousers or denim skirt, this has to be some of the greatest ever days looks.
What do you think? What inspires you?